Search This Blog

Sunday 19 September 2010

The cost of living

Luxulyan Valley
Had a great day out yesterday at Bedruthan Steps and Padstow.  As its not far from home its nice to get out for a walk with the camera and not have to drag a couple of surfboards around with me, only on occassion mind you normally i prefer the boards!! So it struck me yesterday that I never fully appreciated that my parents used to drag me to a beach every weekend and we would sit with our sandwiches (mine usually filled with sand!), melted chocolate roll and the Mr Kiplings apple pie that this all costed money.  Now I have my own kids, it certainly struck me that there doesnt appear to be anything that is cost free with the exception of a walk on the moors! I am interested in knowing what is available out there which is cost free.  Even a walk in the woods cost £3 these days.  Dont get me wrong I dont have an issue with paying for a decent meal(just like to promote Scott's National Trust cafe at Bedruthan Steps, the best of food every time!) its just a trip out is never less than £20 and we are only doing the trips for my family to get out and get some exercise, but to do that we have to do that within the confines of our village where parking doesnt cost and we can walk everywhere.  not really sure where I am going with this but just wanted to moan about why everything cost these days and would really like to know if there is anything that doesnt come with a raffle ticket attached to it.  In connection with this I am setting up a facebook page called Corwalls free stuff and a twitter stream #cornwallfreestuff good to get a discussion going about free stuff in Cornwall? what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment